Deodorizing tablets is an easy and natural way to absorb humidity, bad odour and ward off insects in your house. The ingredients are
- 1 cup baking soda
- 8 – 10 tablespoons water
- 15 – 20 drops of essential oil
- Add water into the baking soda until the mixture becomes like a ‘clay’ consistency
- Add your chosen essential oil and combine well
- Press the mixture into a silicone mould and allow it to dry overnight
- Remove the tablets from the mold and let it dry for another 2 to 4 days before storing it in an airtight container
- If you would like to ward off crawlers then include strong herbaceous oil like Rosemary, Thyme or Oregano. If you like a refreshing citrusy scent, put some Lemon, Mandarin or Lemon Myrtle. If you like a minty cooling scent, put some Peppermint, this could also help deter ants.
- What might happened when you are trying to pop the tablets out, if it is too dry, it will crumble, then add a few drops of water and let it set again. If it is too wet, it is hard to get them out, then let it dry for another day.
- Do not throw away your crumbly leftovers, gather and put them. Use it with your soaked laundry or pour into your kitchen sink with vinegar to clear the drainage.