Sorry to disappoint the majority reader but Manuka Essential Oil does not smell or taste sweet like honey instead it has a warm spicy slightly sweet herbaceous note.
Honey harvested from a beehive in Manuka trees is Manuka honey. The essential oil derived from steam distillation of the leaves, branches and other parts of the Manuka trees are Manuka essential oil.
However, Manuka Oil shares many similar properties as Manuka honey. It is highly antimicrobial, antifungal and antibacterial making it extremely anti-inflammatory but in a more concentrated version.
Here are some of the recommended uses:
1. Strong antiviral which is a popular remedy for colds, coughs, and sore throats
2. Reduces UV skin damage and wrinkles making it excellent for anti-ageing skincare
3. Soothes and reduce inflammation from bites and stings from mosquito and other insects which can also be used as a natural bug repellent
4. Treatment for athlete’s foot, eczema, acne, rash and any skin related issues
5. Natural solution for dandruff and head lice
6. As a mouth gargle to maintain oral hygiene or reduce sore tooth or gum
7. Relieve itch and sting from sunburn
8. Increase immunity by strengthening the protective barrier of the skin
Please find the handy guide below
Click on the link below for more information on our Manuka